The V.I.E : a stress-free work abroad
The International Internship in a Company allows you to undertake a secure professional assignment abroad of 6 to 24 months. You are protected by the French Embassy and supported by Business France throughout your V.I.E assignment. As a result, it provides you, your family and your employer with reassurance too !
International training, the chance to get to know new cultures, guaranteed job opportunities … But where there are rights there are also duties! You must respect the context in which you find yourself, first and foremost to protect yourself.
The conditions for undertaking a V.I.E
To become an International Intern in a Company, you must fulfil the following conditions :
- Be aged at least 18 but not yet 29 : you must be 28 when you start your assignment, bearing in mind that a V.I.E contract always starts on the 1st of the month.
- Be French or a European citizen.
- Be in good standing with regard to the national service obligations of your country(ies) (defence ID n°).
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Be able to devote yourself full time to your assignment : no part-time work, entrepreneurship, studies or paid activity at the same time as your V.I.E.
- Accept the letter of appointment that you sign with Business France which sets out your rights and your duties during your assignment.
The right profile to become a V.I.E
In fact, there is no typical profile for a V.I.E !
Whatever your background or your level of experience, you can become an International Intern in a Company, provided you fulfil the above conditions.
It is very open as companies recruit from all business sectors and from among a wide range of careers: marketing, sales, management control, accounting, finance, HR, legal, engineering, production, research, crafts...
What counts is your sense of responsibility, your ability to work alone, your adaptability and above all, your motivation for international business !
The V.I.E remuneration
Being an International Intern in a Company is not voluntary work.
Throughout your assignment you receive a fixed monthly allowance at the end of the month, which is not taxed in France.
Part of this allowance is the same for all contracts (€723.99/month in 2022); another part is adapted to the country or even the town to which you are assigned, in order to take into account the local standard of living.
If you want to have an idea of the fixed monthly allowance corresponding to the country of destination of an assignment, see the scale in force here.
The advantages to you of a V.I.E
Are you still hesitating about going on an International Internship in a Company ?
Let us summarize its advantages. Spoiler alert: there are lots of them !
- I get professional experience abroad with the back-up and support of Business France.
- I become fluent in a foreign language.
- I find the ideal environment for letting my atypical profile fully express itself.
- I maximize my chances of finding a job after my assignment, as in 92% of cases the V.I.E leads to a job offer !
- I receive tax-free allowances for the assignment I carry out.
- I increase in maturity.
- I discover and open myself up to new cultures.
- I have experiences that I will remember for the rest of my life (if you doubt this, take a look at the V.I.E testimonials and the ex-V.I.E success stories !)
-… and often even, I meet the love of my life, but that is not guaranteed in the contract !
So, are you still hesitating ?